WM Plant Hire has used its machines on many high profile coastal and inland dredging contracts in the UK, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland and has a wealth of experience in this area. When it comes to dredging, we have the full range of dredging equipment.
GPS underwater dig profile technology with equipment such as tugs, barges and modular floating pontoons can increase the scope of hire applications to the benefit of our customers.
- River dredging, revetment work for Leeds Flood Alleviation Scheme
- Dredging foundations for world's largest prototype off-shore wind turbine, Methil
- Marine excavation and bedrock removal, Nigg Energy Park, Scotland
- Cofferdam and marine dredging operations, Queensferry Crossing, Scotland (see Case Study in Marine Construction)
- Dredging and obstruction removal, Liverpool 2 Port Redevelopment
- Dredging of underwater obstructions, Port of Felixstowe
- Underwater demolition of jetty structure, Port of Southampton
- Thames Barrier, River Thames – maintenance de-silting
- Dredging of Croome River, National Trust Landscape Park, Worcestershire
- St Mary's Harbour extension, Isles of Scilly
- St Helier Harbour dredging and rock removal, Port of Jersey
- Dredging for new Lifeboat station, Sennen Cove, Lands End
- Dredging to bridge piers for scour protection, River Thames